Canada’s single-payer publicly funded health system made over 1 million patients to wait for medical treatment in 2017, costing $1.9 billion in lost wages. Over 63,000 people left Canada in 2016 to receive non-emergency medical treatment. According to the Fraser Institute Report, each year, Canadians travel abroad to have the following surgeries:
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Balloon
The 2016 numbers show a 39% increase over the year before. British Columbia reported the highest percentage of patients (2.4%), and the Province of Ontario reported the largest number of patients (26,513). One possible explanation for Canadians traveling abroad could be the long wait times for medically necessary treatments (10.6 weeks).
The Canadians waiting times for medical treatment hit the longest ever recorded (22.6 weeks) in 2020.
The wait time for Canadians with obesity and comorbidities to get life-changing bariatric surgery is much worse. The average is about 2 to 12 years. Canadians travel to Mexico because Mexico offers long term weight loss solutions and attractive packages.
Why Undergo Bariatric Surgery in Mexico
In Canada, experts estimate that more than a million Canadians are morbidly obese and have health problems. Most have high blood pressure, diabetes, bad joints, and an increased risk of heart disease. Obesity is not about laziness or lack of self-control. The reasons may vary from physical to psychological reasons.
Researchers have found that performing bariatric surgery is a medical necessity for all these people, which was once considered a vanity surgery. Weight loss surgery is an effective way for all these people to reduce the risks and lose weight.
Canadian patient’s wait times for bariatric surgery range from 5 to 6 years due to insurance and shortage of surgeons. Suppose anyone does not want to wait to have to self-pay and receive treatment in a private facility. This private facility is more expensive.
The less expensive, affordable, and convenient one would be considering the surgery in Mexico. The surgeons are efficient, and hospitals are safe in Mexico.
By undergoing surgery in Mexico, most Canadians are reducing their wait time and health risks.
Conquer Obesity with Affordable and Reliable Bariatric Procedures in Mexico
Traveling to Tijuana, Mexico to get weight loss surgery through Mexico Bariatric Center (MBC) has its perks:
- Low Wait Time – Surgery with MBC just needs you to fill out a 5-minute online application and get your approval. No going through the hoops getting qualified and no wait time to get the surgery.
- Better Outcome – MBC team of surgeons have over 10 years and 10,000 surgeries behind them. They are certified, skilled, and experienced in all weight loss surgery options.
- Low Complication Rates – MBC surgeons have extremely low complications (about 1 / 10 of published data in the United States).
- Save Money – MBC packages are a fraction of the cost of private pay in Canada as well as the U.S.
- Get Reimbursed – Based on your Province, you may be able to get reimbursed for the surgery fees you paid.
- Take a Vacation – Going away to Tijuana and experiencing the warm Mexican culture is like a little vacation.
Mexico Bariatric Center staff and coordinators in the U.S and Tijuana help you make your travel a positive experience. We will be with you from the beginning of your journey to the end.
MBC has courteous drivers that will pick you up from San Diego. They drive you around town between hotel & hospital as well as the tour of the town, and back to San Diego. Hospital and hotel coordinators are there to help you with your transition and needs.
Remember to pack light and just come in with a positive attitude and smile on your face. We will be with you on this journey every step of the way…
All-Inclusive MBC Bariatric Packages (not including airfares)
- Private Ground Transportation (Inbound, In-Town, Outbound)
- Hospital Stay – 1 Night (Balloon), 2 Nights (sleeve), 3 Nights (Bypass)
- Pre-Operative Tests (EKG & Blood Test)
- Hotel Stay 4-Star, 2 Nights (Not Recovery House)
- Post-Operative Standard Medications Including Discharge Medication
- Follow-up Aftercare
- Post-Operative Test (3 Leak Tests & Drain)
- Surgeon Liaison
- Certified Dedicated Full Service Bariatric Hospital With ICU
- Nutritionist Consultation (Pre-Op)
- Skilled & Experienced & Certified & Dedicated Bariatric Surgeons
- Nutritionist Consultation (Post-Op)
- Team of 4 Surgeons (Total over 10 years, over 10,000 surgeries)
- Companion at no Charge
- Limited Number of Surgeries per Surgeon per Day (3 Surgeries)
- Tour of Tijuana
- Close to Zero Complication Rate (<0.04%)
- U.S. (California) Corporation
- Procedures Performed: Sleeve, Bypass, Mini Bypass, DS, Balloon, SILS, Revision Surgery
- BBB (Better Business Bureau) Member
- Leading Edge Brand Named Medical Instrumentation and Equipment
- Medical Tourism Association Member & Certification
- Globally Award-Winning Patient Coordinators
- 10+ Years in Medical Tourism Industry
- Personalized Care with Assigned Patient Coordinator & Doctor
Mexico Bariatric Center All-Inclusive Services Package
Contact us to get the life-changing WLS in Tijuana, Mexico, and Renew Your Life!
Tijuana Bariatric Surgery – Bordered to San Diego, CA, Tijuana offers advanced medical facilities, board-certified surgeons. It provides high-quality weight loss surgery at a fraction of the cost compared to the United States and Canada.
Tijuana is the largest city in Baja California Peninsula. It is becoming the Mecca of Medical Tourism for travelers to get quality health care at affordable prices. These can be dental care, plastic surgery, and weight loss surgery.
- Tijuana Surgeons
- Tijuana Facilities
- Barua and Ren (2016) for information regarding procedures constituting each specialty.